Monday, April 15, 2013


Hi everyone!

Some of you may have heard already that I will be teaching in Turkey this summer.  This is a volunteer trip through Learning Enterprises (LE) where I will be teaching English for 5 weeks.  Each year LE sends college students my age to teach English in a variety of countries.  I applied, interviewed (twice) and was accepted to teach English in Turkey!  Since LE is unable to support the hundreds of students that they send out, they require a small financial commitment.  However, LE is able to offer their students free housing through a home stay program.  Thus, I will be living in Sanliurfa, Turkey with a host family!  Nevertheless, here are some of the things I am financially responsible for:
  •  Medical Vaccinations- $200
  • 1 round trip Plane Ticket- $1300
  • Teaching Supplies (bilingual dictionaries, a map, etc.)- $155
I committed to this project having faith that I would find a way to pay for it.  In the weeks following my acceptance to the program, I applied for some scholarships and grants.  From that I was offered $155 to pay for teaching supplies.  I still have a long way to go before my trip is covered! I have the means to cover my medical vaccinations and other various personal expenses, so I’m only asking for money to be used toward my plane ticket.

You’ve heard it once, you’ve heard it twice- any little bit helps!  Whether it’s $10 or $15 or more than that, it all adds up!  I can’t offer much, but I’d love to thank anyone who supports me by sending you a post card from Turkey!

How to help: You can donate by credit card or PayPal by clicking the 'Donate' button on the top right corner of this page!

This is where I'll be teaching English for 5 weeks!

If you would like more information about my goals & expected outcomes, why this project is important, my detailed budget my plan of action or information about Learning Enterprises, then please see 'Important Links'  on the right side of this webpage under my picture! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment